Thursday 5 February 2015

Nomadic Conundrum.

I consider myself an open minded person.
I'm not afraid to be proven wrong, in fact, I invite it.
I see being proven wrong as a way to grow as a person. A way to remove old assumptions, habits, or opinions. The more I'm proven wrong, the more I grow.

However, this doesn't mean that I'm not going to defend my argument until I can be proven wrong. Some people mistake this for stubbornness, although if I'm not changing my mind to another person's point of view, it's either because they're resorting to logical fallacies or their argument isn't valid.

My goal has always been to become wiser and stronger. Other things in life are too simplistic for me. My pursuit for wisdom has come at the cost of social interaction and approval for most of my life.
I've been in situations where the majority of people will believe something, something that may be non-nonsensical or simply a part of the status-quo. When I'm confronted with conformity and a sugar-coated fallacy, I've always been one to reject it.
This leads many to believe that I consider myself "special", or that I'm merely bitter, or stupid.

Hence, this leads to many to isolate me.
At times I consider this a form of a test. Am I willing to continue to pursue wisdom and improvement, even if it's at the cost of destroyed friendships and a life of solitude and celibacy? Is it really all worth it?

The answer, I ponder on a daily basis. Sometimes It seems that joining the herd of ideological circle-jerking will end my solitude in favor of conformity.  But this to me, is one of the many sources of evil and atrocities committed throughout history.

Maybe, when I'm older, I'll be wiser than most. Maybe this isolation will someday pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment